Bidding process will be open for both the 2022-23 and 2023-24 seasons to provide potential hosts with a longer planning window
OTTAWA, ONTARIO – Speed Skating Canada is happy to share the organization’s 2022-23 national competition calendar, as well as details on the event bidding process for both the 2022-23 and 2023-24 seasons.
National Competition Calendar
- The first draft of the 2022-23 SSC National Competition Calendar is now available in the Resource Library, and it includes a few new short track and long track events.
- – LT Canada Cup 5 was added to the calendar to give Canadian athletes the experience of competing at back-to-back events, similar to the international event format.
- – Canadian Junior ST Open (14-15) and Canadian Junior ST Open (16-18) were created to provide a larger number of skaters the opportunity to participate in events with athletes in similar age groups and of a similar caliber.
- As you are reviewing the SSC National Competition Calendar, please note:
- – This calendar outlines our plan for competitions assuming a regular speed skating season, which may need to be adjusted as necessary due to impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- – We have not yet received the final ISU calendar of international competitions; therefore dates may be subject to change.
- – Additional information regarding new events, competition eligibility and impacts on team nomination will be published in the relevant High Performance Bulletins.
National Competition Event Bidding Process
Now that the competition calendar is available, we are opening our bidding process for competition hosts using the process outlined below. We are happy to announce that the bidding process will be open for both the 2022-23 and 2023-24 seasons to provide potential hosts with a longer planning window.
- 2) Submit the completed SSC National Competition Bid Process 2022-23 & 2023-24 – Application Form to Jill Lynch by May 30, 2022. Organizing Committees are only required to submit one application form regardless of the number of events they wish to bid on.
If you have any questions about the calendar or bidding process, please reach out to Jill Lynch.