288 Collegiate Blvd NW Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
Air Canada Discount Code: M9F2DEG1
- Air Canada is offering a 5% to 10% discount off base fare cost (excluding taxes). Discount amount is based on ticket class selected.
- Discount is applicable for flights in and out of the host communities up to 7 days before the start of the competition and up to 7 days after the end of the competition.
- Discount can be used on flights from Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge. Discount also applies to Air Canada 4-digit flights operated by Air Canada’s regional partners and Star Alliance carriers.
- Hotel Information and Rates for ALOFT and Best Western Village Park Inn.
Speed Skating Canada On-Site Representatives:
- Mark Wild – Long Track High Performance Director
- Jill Lynch – Manager, Events & Partnerships
The Sportity App will be used to share information throughout the weekend. Please download the app and use the password CLTC2023 to receive the most up-to-date information.
The Canadian Long Track Championships Speed Skating competition will be held in accordance with the 2023 International Skating Union Regulations and update. It is sanctioned by Speed Skating Canada and Speed Skating Alberta.
The Olympic Oval is a standard speed skating track of 400 meters to the lap. The refrigerated ice track has a 5 meter wide warmup lane. The radii of the inner and outer competition lanes are 26 and 30 meters respectively. The width of the racing track is 4 meters.
Composition and the Starting Order of Pairs
The draw is conducted under the current SSC rules and ISU rules where applicable. The Coaches Meeting will be held at the Olympic Oval Boardroom on Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 7:00pm. The Pairings for Day One will be available at this time.
In accordance with ISU Rule 119; the International Skating Union, Speed Skating Canada, Speed Skating Alberta, the Olympic Oval, and the University of Calgary assume no responsibility for, or liability with respect to bodily or personal injury or loss of property or damage incurred in connection with the 2023 Canadian Long Track Championships Competition. Each Skater is solely responsible for providing insurance coverage thereto.
The Olympic Oval provides one training session free of charge the day prior to the event for those athletes competing in the 2023 Canadian Long Track Championships competition. For training times and costs prior to the event please contact the Olympic Oval Front Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tests may be made in accordance with Rule 139 and the current ISU Doping Communication. Any skater breaking a World Record will be tested.